ISHKAR COVID-19 Travel Policy
Last updated: 22nd June 2020
COVID-19 Travel Policy
With much talk about ‘the new normal’, the way in which we travel in the future is undoubtedly going to change. Following on from our initial ‘Letter in the Time of COVID-19’, we have listened to the concerns of you, our travellers, when booking tours with us. As a company that is used to working within environments which require significant levels of flexibility, it seems only natural for us to extend our adaptable approach to the flexibility within our booking conditions.
Our Departure Criteria:
As with our security measures, we make assessments as to the viability of your tour prior to departure. We base these assessments upon advice from our local partners, global health authorities and government agencies. We will make a specific COVID-19 assessment 60 days prior to departure, as to whether we will go ahead or cancel the trip.
In order for a tour to go ahead, we must ensure that:
- There are no significant COVID-19 restrictions in any of the destinations on the tour (for example mandatory quarantines on arrival).
- Tourist visas (where necessary) are available.
- There are reliable flights in and out of the country, and internally (where required).I
If we do make the decision to cancel a trip, or you as the traveller are unable to join the trip as a result of COVID-19 (due to manifesting symptoms of COVID-19*, lack of flights, border closures or inability to obtain visa due to embassy restrictions), there are a variety of options available to you:
- You will have the right to transfer your place on the original trip to any other trip, without incurring our usual administrative transfer fee.
- You can request a full refund (including the initial deposit) or a credit note, which can be used at a later date on any of our trips.
We appreciate that the world is an uncertain place at the moment, but we hope that our COVID-19 policy will give you the confidence to continue to book with us. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or take a look at our COVID-19 FAQs page.
*Please note that in this instance, we will require a certificate from your doctor to confirm this.