ISHKAR COVID-19 Travel Policy
COVID-19 Travel Policy
With much talk about ‘the new normal’, the way in which we travel in the future is undoubtedly going to change. Following on from our initial ‘Letter in the Time of COVID-19’, we have listened to the concerns of you, our travellers, when booking tours with us. As a company that is used to working within environments which require significant levels of flexibility, it seems only natural for us to extend our adaptable approach to the flexibility within our booking conditions.
Why do we continue to travel where possible? We believe that by demonstrating ‘good practice’ and being one of the leading ‘responsible tourism’ groups, we can demonstrate how best to support tourism in remote regions whilst travelling in a ‘COVID-19 responsible’ manner.
Our Departure Criteria:
As with our security measures, we make assessments as to the viability of your tour prior to departure. We base these assessments upon advice from our local partners, global health authorities and government agencies. We will make an assessment as to the viability of the trip no later than 35 days prior to departure. If a trip is deemed to not be viable by 35 days prior to the trip, we will have to make the decision to cancel the trip.
In order for a tour to go ahead, we must ensure that:
- There are no significant COVID-19 restrictions in any of the destinations on the tour (for example mandatory quarantines on arrival).
- Tourist visas (where necessary) are available.
- There are reliable flights in and out of the country, and internally (where required).
If we do make the decision to cancel a trip, or you as the traveller are unable to join the trip as a result of COVID-19 (due to manifesting symptoms of COVID-19*, positive test results, lack of flights, border closures or inability to obtain visa due to embassy restrictions), there are a variety of options available to you:
- You will have the right to transfer your place on the original trip to any other trip, without incurring our usual administrative transfer fee.**
- You can request a full refund of any money paid to ISHKAR (including the initial deposit) or a credit note, which can be used at a later date on any of our trips.
- If the trip is postponed and not cancelled, you can choose to join us for the trip on the later dates. (Once we have informed you of the new confirmed dates, you will have 14 days in which to request a refund, transferral or credit notes as per above if you are unable to postpone.)
If you have been vaccinated for COVID-19, you will be required to follow the same PCR testing protocols, which are outlined here.
We appreciate that the world is an uncertain place at the moment, but we hope that our COVID-19 policy will give you the confidence to continue to book with us. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or take a look at our COVID-19 FAQs page. If you would like to read more about our protocols whilst travelling in the time of COVID-19, please take a look at our COVID19 protocols page.
*Please note that in this instance, we will require a certificate from your doctor to confirm this.