Last updated: 16 June 2020
ISHKAR Explore Ltd. is a privately-owned, tour operator providing fixed departure tours. We need to collect, use and disclose information in order to provide our range of business services, inclusive of taking and managing travel bookings. We are committed to the protection of personal information, maintaining organisational and technical procedures to safeguard the privacy and confidentiality of all information provided to us,
By providing personal information to us (either directly or consenting to another person to do so on your behalf), you agree that this Policy will apply to how we handle your personal information. You also consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as detailed in this Policy. If you do not agree with any part of the Policy, you must not provide your personal information to us. Please note that if you do not provide us with your personal information, or if you revoke the consent that you have given under this Policy, this may affect our ability to provide services to you.
What data do we collect?
ISHKAR Explore will collect the following data:
- Personal information (name, email address, phone number, address, passport details, gender, emergency contact details & voluntary feedback.)
- Sensitive information (nationality, fitness routine, dietary/ physical health requirements.)
You directly provide ISHKAR Explore with most of the data we collect.We collect and process data when you:
- Register online, complete an application/ booking form or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards, feedback forms or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Contact us directly via email or telephone.
- Travel applications made on your behalf by another person (eg. friend or family member.)
We collect your data so that we can:
- Process your tour application, in particular for use in visa application processes & travel arrangements (permits, transfers, accommodation etc).
- Make contact with your Next of Kin/ Emergency Contact in the event of an emergency whilst on the tour.
- Advise/ assist on our services.
- Involve you in market research to gauge customer satisfaction and feedback.
- Complete medical screenings to inform our detailed risk assessments.
- Create annotated nominal role documents to be passed on to the appointed tour leader as part of our risk mitigation strategy
- Identify cases of fraud or error;
- Carry out other processes as authorised or required by law (eg. health and safety, to prevent threat to life or to enforce our legal rights).
Marketing & Promotional Material
We may occasionally use your personal information to send you targeted marketing and promotional activities to promote products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. UK data protection law may require you to opt-in to receive this information. These marketing activities could include, but are not limited to:
- Electronic marketing (including, e-newsletters, email, SMS, MMS and iM)
- Direct marketing (leaflets, brochures and letters)
- Telephone calls
If you wish to no longer receive any marketing/promotional material from us by electronic marketing you can request to not receive this information at any time, by following the unsubscribe prompts. To opt-out of market research and other forms of communication, please get in contact with us directly (as per contact section below). You may also untick the relevant boxes on your application form.
ISHKAR Explore will never sell or share your personal information or data to other companies for marketing purposes. If you participate in partnership marketing activities with ISHKAR Explore and another company, you will be provided with the choice of receiving news from all companies involved.
We reserve the right to use any images taken on a trip or other promotional occasion by our employees, or forwarded by any persons on the trip or connected to the trip. These images may be used in our brochures, on our websites, in our social network marketing activities or for use in any other relevant promotional material. If you do not wish to appear in any of the aforementioned marketing materials, please let us know in writing.
Who will have access to your information?
Your information will be used only by persons authorised by ISHKAR Explore where the company deems it relevant and necessary to do so. An assessment will be made as to which information is required to achieve the specific purpose. For example we may share passport details in order to obtain visas, however health details would not be relevant and therefore not shared.
How do we store your data and for how long?
We securely store your data in a number of digital locations, to which access is restricted to authorised members of ISHKAR Explore staff alone. Digital information will be stored for a period of up to 7 years after the return date from a tour. Should paper copies have been required, these will be destroyed immediately on return from the tour.
What are your data protection rights?
ISHKAR Explore would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
If you make a request relating to any of your rights, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as per below contact section.What are cookies & how do we use them?
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us: