Work With Us
Through a unique blend of objects, storytelling, and travel, ISHKAR is helping craft thrive in some of the toughest contexts, creating economic opportunities where they are desperately needed, and challenging one-sided narratives of countries that have been affected by conflict.
Title: ISHKAR Retail Assistant Manager
Start: March 2024
Salary: £14 per hour + Sales Bonus Scheme
ISHKAR is looking for someone to fill an exciting mid-level role, forming an essential part of ISHKAR’s retail sales team. This position is formed of two key areas:
Saturday and Sunday - Retail Sales at ISHKAR’s flagship store on Columbia Rd, East London.
Monday - Retail operations and store management / administrative tasks.
3 Days a Week:
Saturday (11am - 6pm) and Sunday (9am - 5pm). Location: 94 Columbia Rd, London, E2 7QB
Monday - (Hours variable dependant on work required) - Remote/In-Store/ISHKAR Stock Room
*In addition to these hours, there will also be opportunities to support on ISHKAR markets & events. (Some of our events take place outside of London and after 18:00pm.)
We are looking for an experienced retail professional who can take ownership of both aspects with enthusiasm and help ISHKAR thrive in our new phase of growth. You should be; outgoing, organised, and a keen salesperson with a passion for ISHKAR’s work and mission with a readiness to take on challenges and problem-solve.
Training about the brand, the products we sell, and how we wrap and present products to the customer will be provided, but an interest and passion for our product, the countries and cultures we work with, visual merchandising & customer service is essential. Knowledge of Shopify is also desirable.
You should be confident working independently.
You will be working both independently and directly with ISHKAR’s core team to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day retail operations, and a vital point of contact between ISHKAR and our customers at our new flagship store on Columbia Rd, East London. You will be responsible for driving in-person sales and increasing ISHKAR’s brand awareness.
This position will also be responsible for managing stock distribution between our two locations, and supporting on designing and maintaining effective systems and processes.
- To drive retail sales to meet ISHKAR’s sales targets
- Process all shop purchases
- Support with customer enquiries and communicating them clearly to the appropriate member of the wider team
- Maintain and update the Visual Merchandising in coordination with our Creative Director
- To be confident in communicating the ISHKAR story to customers
- To be well versed in the story and details behind each product and be able to communicate this to customers in an engaging way
- To manage day to day operations in-store over the weekend
- To uphold ISHKAR’s brand image to the highest standard
- To clean, dust and re-stock as needed
- To perform key-holder responsibilities - opening and closing the shop as required
Administrative and Management Tasks:
* Request and oversee stock transfers between ISHKAR’s stockroom and retail space
* Manage stock levels of all store packaging materials, sundries, and promotional materials
* Submit store meter readings to energy suppliers
* Monthly stock counts
* Responsible for maintaining the immaculate presentation of ISHKAR’s store
* Support on stock seasonality forecasting and trend forcasting
- Support on ad hoc tasks as requested by the rest of ISHKAR’s team.
- Holiday allowance for 3 days a week is 15 days.
- This is a freelance position. You will be required to accurately record hours worked, and submit a monthly invoice.
- You will be required to provide your own laptop as needed.
We are a small team with an entrepreneurial working style, and so this ToR may change as new projects arise. During this period some of the team will be working remotely. You will be expected to work independently working closely with the whole team.
This role will report to Nadia, Operations Director, and Electra, Creative Director.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to Nadia at email@example.com.
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Deadline to apply: 07th March 2024