We are very excited to share this special collection of pieces we designed with Malika El Maslouhi.
The Malika ماليكة Choker is gold-plated sterling silver, handmade with a rough, hammered finish. Each link is handwoven together to create a bold piece of contemporary armour, fit for a queen. The chain is finished with a unique ‘M’ clasp so you can adjust it to fit as you like.
Length: 15 inch
Free UK shipping on orders over £200
Free shipping to Europe on orders over £250/€290
We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail. Orders will be dispatched in 2-3 working days.
* For addresses in the UK, tracked postage takes 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For Europe estimated delivery is 3-5 business days, and for the rest of the world 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £200
European orders over £250
• We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when it's back. Once you have preordered an item the order should be shipped to you within three months. Often the order will arrive well within this three month period. Contact email@example.com for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
Malika El Maslouhi
On top of gracing the covers of Vogue and storming the runways of top houses like Chanel, Dior, Hermès, Malika is a model who is advocating for change in the fashion industry. “I try to represent a positive light for Arab women so we can progressively and constructively move forward. We – as much as all women – try to break out of the norms that have existed for generations” she shared with Vogue Arabia. We worked closely with Malika to design a collection of necklaces that are bold yet delicate, to be worn as modern day armour. Read more about Malika and the collection in Vogue and Arab News.
Originally from the Baghlan province of Afghanistan, Waqas was born as a refugee in Pakistan in 1998. After returning to Afghanistan he studied jewellery at the Turquoise Mountain Institute, where he met his future business partner Mohammad Haider. They soon became close friends. “As we were great friends before, we know each other’s habits and how to get the best out of each other” Waqas explains. Their close friendship can explain the uncompromising quality of their jewellery.
On top of the amount we pay the artisans, a further 20% off the value of this product goes towards the Turquoise Mountain Foundation. Turquoise Mountain supports Afghan artisans by providing them with three years of technical training, as well as a full range of business support following graduation.