Photograph by Teba Sadiq. Frame not included. For framing options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Torah is a residential neighborhood in Qanbar Ali City in Baghdad, which contains an important history of the city, as it was inhabited by the largest Iraqi Jewish community that left it after internal terrorist campaigns that forced them to flee, but the features of this area still indicate its Jewishness despite the neglect of its buildings.
Photographs professionally printed on high quality Fuji Flex paper. The paper has a pure white base with exceptional black density, contrast and reproduction detail. The silky smooth reflective coating enhances the detail and definition of the images. 310 gsm.
Photograph prints are based on the typical A5, A4, A3 and A2 sizing. However each print size varies slightly to match the photograph dimensions. Email email@example.com for exact dimensions.
* Please note that the frame dimensions may look different to the image below depending on the size of the image to frame ratio.
Latest recommended order dates for Christmas 2021:
UK: 21st December
USA/Canada: 12th December
Central Europe: 15th December
We know Brexit has caused uncertainty for our European customers. To lend a hand we are happy to reimburse our customers for any customs duties or taxes paid on orders arriving in Europe placed between the 1st and the 16th of December.
We will aim to dispatch orders within 2-3 working days of purchase date but please be aware that we are a small team and delays can occur. We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail.
* For addresses in the UK, estimate shipping time is 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For all addresses outside the UK, estimate shipping time is 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on EU/international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £200
European orders over £250
*Extended returns policy - Orders made from December the 1st can be returned until January the 5th.*
We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• Photography prints are printed to order and are therefore not refundable.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when it's back. Once you have preordered an item the order should be shipped to you within three months. Often the order will arrive well within this three month period. Contact email@example.com for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
Teba Sadiq Abdul Hassan is a 22 year-old photojournalist and photographer working at Reuters.
"I did not study photography through university, but rather through workshops. The female element in photojournalism is very little in Iraq. I want to make it clear to the world and the Iraqi society that there are female photojournalists here who deserve the title and can face the difficulties of field journalism, which is not just for men. And I always explain this through the pictures that I take. The pictures are unconventional and they are in difficult situations such as demonstrations and places where photography is somewhat difficult, such as holy places."
In war-torn countries the vast majority of professional photographers work for news agencies. This means their work is often focused on coverage of conflict. Our project is motivated by the opportunity to give talented photographers an entirely new outlet for their work. Through this project we hope to reveal a side to war-torn countries rarely seen in the international media.