These carafes are each blown by hand. As a result, each one has its own satisfyingly individual shape. Expect small variations between each piece.
Approximate dimensions: height 33cm x diameter 10cm (height might vary by 5cm depending on each piece)
Free UK shipping on orders over £200
Free shipping to Europe on orders over £250
Avoid exposing the glass to sudden temperature changes. Not recommended for the dishwasher.
Latest recommended order dates for Christmas 2021:
UK: 21st December
USA/Canada: 12th December
Central Europe: 15th December
We know Brexit has caused uncertainty for our European customers. To lend a hand we are happy to reimburse our customers for any customs duties or taxes paid on orders arriving in Europe placed between the 1st and the 16th of December.
We will aim to dispatch orders within 2-3 working days of purchase date but please be aware that we are a small team and delays can occur. We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail.
* For addresses in the UK, estimate shipping time is 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For all addresses outside the UK, estimate shipping time is 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on EU/international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £200
European orders over £250
*Extended returns policy - Orders made from December the 1st can be returned until January the 5th.*
We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• Photography prints are printed to order and are therefore not refundable.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at email@example.com to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when it's back. Once you have preordered an item the order should be shipped to you within three months. Often the order will arrive well within this three month period. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
The artisans make glass in much the same way as it has always been made. They grind quartz, plant ash (otherwise known as 'Ishkar'), and natural oxides together to create the vibrant colours which once made Herat’s glass so famous. Each individual carafe is blown by hand, and fired in a traditional mud brick kiln.
With the local market for handblown glass drying up due to the arrival of cheap Chinese glass in Afghanistan, the artisans are struggling to find new apprentices. Each sale of Herati glass will help build the stability they need for their business to grow.