These distinctive earrings, each with a unique twist are handcrafted by Malian artisans in Djenné.
Large: 4 x 3.5cm
Small: 2.5 x 2.5cm
Try to avoid contact with water. Remove while swimming, bathing or showering.
We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail.
* For addresses in the UK, tracked postage takes 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For Europe estimated delivery is 3-5 business days, and for the rest of the world 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £150
European orders over €180
Rest of the world orders over $240
• We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise the return.
Alpha Sidiki skilfully crafts these delicate hoops, hammering and twisting the brass. Alpha's advice is to use lemon juice to make the brass extra shiny.
These hoops were crafted in the ancient Malian city of Djenné, the oldest known city in sub-Saharan Africa now famous for it's grand mosque. Founded by merchants around 800 AD, Djenné was once a flourishing trading hub.
These earrings are inspired by the statement hoops worn by the semi-nomadic Fulani people, known for being adorned with spun jewellery, 'bhoylé' earrings and 'moullé' bracelets. Traditionally these earrings are made with solid gold and given to future brides as wedding gifts.