These distinctive earrings, each with a unique twist are handcrafted by Malian artisans in Djenné.
Medium: 4 x 3.5cm
Small: 2.5 x 2.5cm
Free UK shipping on orders over £200
Free shipping to Europe on orders over £250/€290
Try to avoid contact with water. Remove while swimming, bathing or showering.
We will aim to dispatch orders within 2-3 working days of purchase date but please be aware that we are a small team and delays can occur. We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail.
* For addresses in the UK, estimate shipping time is 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For all addresses outside the UK, estimate shipping time is 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on EU/international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £200
European orders over £250
*Extended returns policy - Orders made from December the 1st can be returned until January the 5th.*
We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• Photography prints are printed to order and are therefore not refundable.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when it's back. Once you have preordered an item the order should be shipped to you within three months. Often the order will arrive well within this three month period. Contact email@example.com for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
Alpha Sidiki skilfully crafts these delicate hoops, hammering and twisting the brass. Alpha's advice is to use lemon juice to make the brass extra shiny.
These hoops were crafted in the ancient Malian city of Djenné, the oldest known city in sub-Saharan Africa now famous for it's grand mosque. Founded by merchants around 800 AD, Djenné was once a flourishing trading hub.
These earrings are inspired by the statement hoops worn by the semi-nomadic Fulani people, known for being adorned with spun jewellery, 'bhoylé' earrings and 'moullé' bracelets. Traditionally these earrings are made with solid gold and given to future brides as wedding gifts.