Runner, available in black and red
Each carpet takes 6 months to produce.
• Vacuum rugs lightly
• Avoid direct and prolonged sunlight exposure
• Do not treat with stain products
• If a stain occurs, act quickly preventing it from drying
Tips for cleaning the most common household stains:
• The most important thing is to act quickly before the stain dries.
• If the stain was caused by liquid, use paper towels to absorb. Work gently from the edges toward the center, so the problem area does not expand.
• For wine, coffee and tea, try to absorb as quickly as possible. Then apply a solution of warm water, detergent and white vinegar with a damp sponge. Wipe with clean cloth and let dry. If the stain persists, have it professionally cleaned.
• For spots of oil, chocolate, lipstick, nail polish, or ink: scrub – then soak – as much of the stain as possible with a white cloth or paper towel. Clean the rug professionally. Professional dry cleaning is always the best option for stubborn or dried stains.
Once the carpet is completed the rug will shipped directly to your door. Shipping prices will be provided on enquiry.
• We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise the return.
Dame Zaha Mohammad Hadid, DBE was an Iraqi-born British architect. Widely regarded as one of the most important architects of the 21st century, Hadid was famous for her signature style of highly expressive, sweeping fluid forms and fragmented geometry. Hadid passed away in 2016.
For the design of the carpet Hadid created on behalf of Arzu, she described it as
‘a seamless domestic environment, depicted in perspective as a series of cuts through time and space’. The scene, (Hadid said), ‘evokes the chaos and flux of modern life’.
- Zaha Hadid
Zaha Hadid designed 'ZH' on behalf of the Afghan charity Arzu Studio Hope.
ARZU, which means “hope” in Dari, has developed an innovative model of social entrepreneurship that helps Afghan women weavers and their families break the cycle of poverty by providing them with steady incomes and access to education, healthcare and sustainable community development.
On top of the amount we pay the artisans, a further 80% from the sale of this carpet goes to Arzu and will be recycled back into their development programmes on the ground.