100% cotton cushion cover, hand-embroidered with a hidden zip. Crafted by Malian refugees in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
This cushion is one of a tryptic collection by Afrika Tiss for MADE 51.
Size: 40cm x 40cm
Free UK shipping on orders over £200
Free shipping to Europe on orders over £250/€290
You can source high-quality cushion inners from Fine Quality Cushions. Fillings can be made precisely to fit the size of these cushions.
We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail. Orders will be dispatched in 2-3 working days.
* For addresses in the UK, tracked postage takes 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For Europe estimated delivery is 3-5 business days, and for the rest of the world 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £200
European orders over £250
• We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when it's back. Once you have preordered an item the order should be shipped to you within three months. Often the order will arrive well within this three month period. Contact email@example.com for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
Designed by Oriane Pereira Lino as part of a 6 week artistic residency in 2016 that brought together refugee designers and artisans. The motif of these cushions draws inspiration from the decorative design of the Tashkat, a Tuareg embroidered necklace traditionally crafted from leather and detailed with pearls and sequins.
This design is called Zakat meaning amulet.
Afrika Tiss is an initiative based in Burkina Faso and France whose aim is to promote craftsmanship as a lever for economic and social development. The enterprise brings together creators, designers and craftsmen to encourage the sharing of knowledge and skills to create innovative products.