This set of eight coasters double as a stunning table centre when not in use. Each piece is handcrafted from marble and semi-precious stones using the ancient art of pietra dura.
If you are interested in buying coasters in sets of 4 or 6 please write to email@example.com
Free shipping to Europe on orders over €180
Free Shipping to US & Rest of world over $240
This piece is made from white marble, lapis lazuli, serpentine and resin.
We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail.
* For addresses in the UK, tracked postage takes 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For Europe estimated delivery is 3-5 business days, and for the rest of the world 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £150
European orders over €180
Rest of the world orders over $240
• We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when its back. Once you have preordered an item we guarantee the order to be shipped to you within four months. If the item is delivered outside this window we will provide you with your money back. Often the order will arrive well within this four month period. Contact email@example.com for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
Before the British drew the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan with the Durand Line in 1896, the region shared many linguistic, social and cultural connections. Despite the border much of this shared heritage remains today. Our collection symbolises these enduring connections through the shared geography which straddles either side of the border.
The coasters are carefully handcrafted using the traditional technique of stone inlay or pietra dura (known as parchinkari in Pashtun). Grooves are carefully chiselled out of the marble base before being filled with precisely handcut pieces of lapis lazuli, serpentine and ammonzonite.
For the past two decades Zargey, an Afghan refugee, has lived in Pakistan’s city of Peshawar. Zargey began his apprenticeship in stone inlay six years ago, and is now a master artisan for the Studio Lél. He is one of the many artisans Studio Lél has supported in their inspiring effort to preserve, reinterpret and evolve the ancient art of pietra dura in Pakistan.