Elegant gold-plated earrings set with Spinel gemstones from Afghanistan.
Also available in Lapis Lazuli.
Try to avoid contact with water. Remove while swimming, bathing or showering.
We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail.
* For addresses in the UK, tracked postage takes 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For Europe estimated delivery is 3-5 business days, and for the rest of the world 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £150
European orders over €180
Rest of the world orders over $240
• We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at email@example.com to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when its back. Once you have preordered an item we guarantee the order to be shipped to you within four months. If the item is delivered outside this window we will provide you with your money back. Often the order will arrive well within this four month period. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
Afghanistan was once home to the tallest standing Buddhas in the world. Having looked out across the verdant Bamiyan valley for more than 13 centuries, in 2001 the Taliban turned their RPGs on the monuments, leaving behind empty niches. It is these niches (pictured here during our latest trip to Bamiyan) that provided the inspiration for British jewellery designer, to create a collection for ISHKAR.
Millie took the Buddha's as her central motif, to create a collection for ISHKAR which speaks of Afghanistan's rich history, tragic recent past, and optimistic future. By filling the blast marks with Afghanistan's precious stones - spinel, and lapis lazuli - her collection symbolizes Afghanistan's defiant beauty and resilience.
All the pieces in the Bamiyan collection were handcrafted by jewellers in the old city of Kabul. One of these is Monawar Shah. Having trained first in Kabul, and then in India, Monawar has recently set up his own workshop on the site of an old silver bazaar in Kabul’s historic district of Murad Khani.
On top of the amount we pay the artisans, a further 10% of the value of this product goes towards the Turquoise Mountain Foundation. Turquoise Mountain supports Afghan artisans by providing them with three years of technical training, as well as a full range of business support following graduation.