These joyful multi-layered cotton face masks are reusable and are fitted with a nose wire. They are handcrafted by artisans in the city of El Alto, Bolivia using a fine woven cotton interior, specially produced for superior particle filtration to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Each mask comes with its own handmade drawstring storage pouch.
Please note that every mask is unique and the colour and pattern will vary.
Free UK shipping on orders over £200
Free shipping to Europe on orders over £250/€290
These face masks are designed to help combat the spread of COVID 19 but they are not intended for clinical use. Wash before and between uses.
Tumble dry at a low temperature
We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail. Orders will be dispatched in 2-3 working days.
* For addresses in the UK, tracked postage takes 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For Europe estimated delivery is 3-5 business days, and for the rest of the world 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £200
European orders over £250
• We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when it's back. Once you have preordered an item the order should be shipped to you within three months. Often the order will arrive well within this three month period. Contact email@example.com for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
These face masks are produced in two distinct styles. The first are made from Awayo, a traditional patterned fabric from the Bolivian plateau, historically woven from sheep's wool, llama, or alpaca and dyed with natural dyes. The second style is Bolivian bordado (embroidery). Each of these masks have been individually hand embroidered with characterful imagery depicting elements of rural life. Both these textile techniques reflect the history and cultural heritage of Bolivia, expressing the dreams, experiences, and creativity embodied in Andean designs.
The organisation Casa de la Solidaridad Proyecto de Vida, is a community initiative in the neighbourhood of Ventilla in El Alto, Bolivia. The project is part of a humanitarian strategy aimed at creating employment opportunities for women living in poverty in suburban neighbourhoods. The project also places an emphasis on the value of its training processes to support the women in becoming agents of change for their community. Composed of an indigenous population, their work has a distinctive identity that makes their craft unique.
PEACE MASK PROJECT
The Peace Masks Project aims to combat the shared threat of COVID-19 and provide livelihoods to those living and working in conflict affected areas. The project forms part of a larger effort by the Peace Dividend Initiative to help ease tensions in conflict-affected areas by identifying and facilitating key peace-supporting economic opportunities and encouraging cooperation.
Peace Masks not only provide livelihoods for communities affected by conflict and violence, but weave peace into the fabric of these fragile communities by connecting them in a productive process that boosts co-existence and reconciliation and helps soothe grievances.
For this project, PDI has partnered with ISHKAR, who sell to an international market, building “peace value chains” and delivering livelihoods to at risk populations.