An edition of 150
It is hard to describe the magical stories Noor presents to us in this book about Afghanistan and Pakistan in the 70s and 80s. The book speaks of so many incredible encounters that seem impossible today.
Some lines from the introduction twill give you an idea of the incredible life Noor has had so far:
“I used to play in the rock band the sloths in the sixties in los angeles & the velvet underground in new york in the early seventies. I ran a kundalini yoga center outside of los angeles. I became muslim in afghanistan in the seventies. I fell in love with a pathan courtesan and documented my tumultuous four year relationship with her and her family. I exported soviet military uniforms and other gear brought out of afghanistan during the soviet afghan war to sell in shops and gun shows for my business “dead red imports.” I drank tens of thousands of cups of tea and smoked thousands of joints with police, mujahideen and malangs (faqirs). I will tell you about some of the people i met and places i saw more then 20 years ago in those areas you may only know from the news headlines. Let me introduce you to the home of my heart."
- by Noor Mohammad Khan
- 20x15cm / 240 Pages
- Softcover, digital print with hand-made cover
- First edition of 130 + 20 special edition
We will aim to dispatch orders within 2-3 working days of purchase date but please be aware that we are a small team and delays can occur. We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail.
* For addresses in the UK, estimate shipping time is 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For all addresses outside the UK, estimate shipping time is 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on EU/international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £200
European orders over £250
*Extended returns policy - Orders made from December the 1st can be returned until January the 5th.*
We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• Photography prints are printed to order and are therefore not refundable.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at email@example.com to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when it's back. Once you have preordered an item the order should be shipped to you within three months. Often the order will arrive well within this three month period. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
This book is one of the editions by Fraglich Publishing house, established by Austrian photographer and researcher Lukas Birk in 2007.
‘Fraglich’ is the German word for ‘questionable’. Fraglich produce unique books with historic content, yet they do not believe in rigid forms of history; so they even put their own books into question.