This exquisite cotton bed throw and bolster cushion cover set is handwoven by master craftsmen in Kachin province, Myanmar. It is a vibrant collection which makes a luxurious addition to any bedroom.
Bed cover: 190cm x 106cm
Cushion cover: 124.5cm x 37cm
Free UK shipping on orders over £200
Free shipping to Europe on orders over £250/€290
Dry clean only.
We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail. Orders will be dispatched in 2-3 working days.
* For addresses in the UK, tracked postage takes 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For Europe estimated delivery is 3-5 business days, and for the rest of the world 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £200
European orders over £250
• We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at email@example.com to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when it's back. Once you have preordered an item the order should be shipped to you within three months. Often the order will arrive well within this three month period. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
The fabric which makes up this collection is a true labour of love. Woven on a traditional wooden handloom, each piece has the feeling of embroidered detailing, whereas, in fact, the intricate pattern is incorporated into the weave of the fabric using an extra weft figuring technique. To produce the finely detailed border takes one artisan 15 days to set up the loom, and a further four days to weave just a single meter of fabric.
The diamond pattern used in this bed cover and bolster cushion set draws inspiration from the motifs commonly featured on the traditional skirts for Kachin women, known as longyi. We have adapted the design by using two tones of yarn on the weft and warp to give the piece a textured, quality.
The fabrics used in this collection are woven by three young artisans. Nu Nu Pan aged just 17 was born in a refugee camp in Kachin state. She now works alongside Pain Paing, aged 22, and 23 year old Aung San Oo in the city of Myitkyina, Northern Myanmar. The completed fabrics are transformed into a final product at the Turquoise Mountain Textiles Atelier in Yangon.
Kachin is Myanmar’s most northerly state, bordering China and Tibet and home to many different ethnic groups. For decades after Burma’s independence in 1948 it was a virtually autonomous region, however, since 2011 fighting in the region has resulted in many thousands of people fleeing to China or being displaced in the state itself. Today there are an estimated 100,000 people living in displacement camps.