Unique purses hand crafted by Syrian, Iraqi, and Palestinian women living in Lebanon.
Each purse is hand embroidered and is individual to the woman that made them. Customers should note that no two purses are exactly the same, and patterns vary slightly.
Free UK shipping on orders over £150
Free shipping to Europe on orders over €180
Free Shipping to US & Rest of world over $240
Approx 23cm by 17cm although sizes may vary slightly.
We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail.
* For addresses in the UK, tracked postage takes 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For Europe estimated delivery is 3-5 business days, and for the rest of the world 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £150
European orders over €180
Rest of the world orders over $240
• We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at email@example.com to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when its back. Once you have preordered an item we guarantee the order to be shipped to you within four months. If the item is delivered outside this window we will provide you with your money back. Often the order will arrive well within this four month period. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
Originally from Aleppo, Zena was forced to flee Syria in 2012 and re-settle in Lebanon. Fascinated by craft from a young age she sought inspiration in the antique printing stamps she found in the souks of Aleppo as a child. This passion led her to set up her atelier in Beirut where she now works with other displaced women to create unique textiles. Zena believes in women’s independence and that healing can be achieved through the expression of creativity.
Location : Lebanon
Artisan : Zena Sabbagh
Each purse is made by hand and is inspired by Zena’s personal collection of printing stamps that she collected over many years in Aleppo. Women working in Zena’s atelier express their own creativity and style through their choice of stamps and patterns meaning that each purse is unique to the woman who designed it. Once the pattern has been printed, the purses are completed with playful hand embroidery; each of the women uses techniques from their own country of origin.
These purses are created by women who have re-settled in Beirut from Iraq, Palestine and Syria. United by shared experiences, the women come together to form, as they describe, a 'sisterhood', working together to build a second home in their new city. The project aims to provide these women with the opportunity to generate their own income and express their creativity through embroidery.
These purses are the product of a design collaboration between Zena Sabbagh and Clare Le Grelle for ISHKAR. Inspired by the stamps collected by Zena over many years, Le Grelle created her own unique stamps to form the pouchette’s striking decorative motif.