Photograph by Farshad Usyan. Edition of 50. Available with frame and mounting, or as an individual print. For delivery please refer to the production tab below.
In this photograph Afghan villagers are sitting under a net in a field on the outskirts of Mazar-i-sharif, Afghanistan. The boys are taking a rest from trying to catch quails, which they train up to be used in bird fights
Our handmade frames are made with American black walnut, giving a classic contemporary look. Framed photographs also come with an off-white mounting which helps draw out the image.
Photographs professionally printed on high quality Fuji Flex paper. The paper has a pure white base with exceptional black density, contrast and reproduction detail. The silky smooth reflective coating enhances the detail and definition of the images. 310 gsm.
Photograph prints are based on the typical A5, A4, A3 and A2 sizing. However each print size varies slightly to match the photograph dimensions. This photograph is available in the following sizes:
Small Print: 247mm × 167mm [Including 10mm border]
Standard Print: 402mm × 311mm [Including 20mm border]
Large Print: 519mm × 358mm [Including 30mm border]
Extra Large Print: 674mm × 477mm [Including 40mm border]
Small Framed Edition: 279mm × 199mm [Including 10mm mount & frame]
Standard Framed Edition: 370mm × 266mm [Including 20mm mount & frame]
Large Framed Edition: 553mm × 393mm [Including 30mm mount & frame]
Extra Large Framed Edition: 709mm × 509mm [Including 40mm border & frame]
* Please note that the frame dimensions may look different to the image below depending on the size of the image to frame ratio. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for exact frame dimensions.
Each photograph is professionally printed in a London studio. Once ready, prints are shipped flat or in a sturdy cardboard tube and secured on both sides.
* For addresses in the UK, delivery will take up to 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For Europe estimated delivery is 4-5 business days, and for the rest of the world 5-12 business days.
Each photograph is professionally printed, mounted and framed by a bespoke London framer. Once ready, framed editions are protected on all sides with foam carefully fitted to the edges.
* For addresses in the UK estimated delivery is up to 12 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. Estimated delivery is 14 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
Farshad Usyan was born and educated in Afghanistan’s northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif. Farshad’s interest in photography began when his brother Qais started working for the Agence France Presse (AFP). When Qais died in 2012, he was asked by the agency to take up a role as a photographer to continue his brother’s work. Since 2013, Farshad has covered stories the length and breadth of Afghanistan, producing work for numerous international publications. Farshad uses his camera to tell untold stories with a powerful social message. Beyond his work with AFP is regular contributor to Climate Tracker, and the Ground Truth Project.
In war-torn countries the vast majority of professional photographers work for news agencies. This means their work is often focused on coverage of conflict. Our project is motivated by the opportunity to give talented photographers an entirely new outlet for their work. Through this project we hope to reveal a side to war-torn countries rarely seen in the international media.