- Bespoke |ISHKAR
Looking for a truly unique experience? We are now offering bespoke trips to the stunning, remote region of northern Pakistan. We will work directly with you to create an imaginative, personalized itinerary.
- Bespoke Trip |ISHKAR
Journey to Socotra's remotest corners on foot and by boat – journeying from the sparsely populated jagged mountains down to long, isolated beaches. This Yemeni island is one of the densest concentrations of unique plant and animal species found anywhere on the planet.
- Photography |S Norfolk
- Nov 2022
Visit the Yemeni island of Soqotra and capture the beautiful and the bizarre on camera. This trip is for photography enthusiasts and is guided by award-winning photographer Simon Norfolk
- Photography |MC Brown
- TBC 2023
Explore the Northern and Southern Kivu regions of the Democratic Republic of Congo (D.R.C.) with the award-winnning photographer, and former D.R.C. resident, Michael Christopher Brown. Dates TBC. Contact us to register interest
- Hiking |ISHKAR
- Sept 2022
Travel beneath Northern Pakistan's soaring peaks, and delve into the fascinating history of the Hunza Valley. This journey is undertaken with a small group of travellers curated by ISHKAR, and led by a local Pakistani guiding team for in-depth perspectives and discussions on the region.
- Yemen |Flora & Fauna
- Nov 2022
Journey with experts in ornithology and ethnobotany across the jagged mountains and pristine white beaches of Yemen's island, Socotra for 8 days. The island is home to some of the world’s most unusual looking plants and animals. Join us this November on an extraordinary adventure as we lead our pioneering trip to the island.
- Yemen |Hiking & Boating
- Nov 2022
Journey by foot and by boat to the remotest corners of Yemen's Socotra Island for 8 days, joined by experts in ornithology and ethnobotany. This trip begins with a multi-day hiking focus, travelling on foot up Socotra's wadis and on to the island's highest peak, where 80% of the island's endemic species are found.
- This was one of my most memorable trips. Thank you Ishkar for really taking us beyond the headlines. I feel in love with Pakistan – the people we met were so receptive to us and each place you selected was perfect. Thank you for being super considerate about how we engaged with the people and the environment. And I made some great friends.- Neha Datta, ISHKAR traveler 2021 Hunza x Matthieu Paley, ISHKAR traveler 2021
- Ishkar's trip to Soqotra was a truly once in a lifetime experience which we will treasure forever. We loved every minute of it, and wouldn't have changed a thing. Thank you for bringing this place to life for us and for making it so special.- Kate Bloomer, ISHKAR “Soqotra Flora and Fauna” Traveler 2021, ISHKAR traveler 2021
- Ishkar and the local on-the-ground team did an amazing job making a remote island accessible. The staff was great, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable; the arrangements were logical and practical, and the experiences and guests were fun and unique.- Scott Blanksteen - ISHKAR Soqotra x Simon Norfolk Traveller 2021, ISHKAR traveler 2021
- I'd been investigating travelling to the Hunza Valley for a while when I chanced upon this trip with Ishkar. The fact that they interview you for the spot and that the chance to hang out with a renowned photographer was especially appealing and they did not disappoint. The Hunza Valley is breathtakingly beautiful and so are its people. The balance of the rugged mountains against the warmth of the people and their hospitality make this a unique trip and the efforts that Ishkar put into get this whole trip organised were apparent as it ran so smoothly and was a incredible experience from start to finish.- Shahin Din, ISHKAR traveler 2021 Hunza x Matthieu Paley, ISHKAR traveler 2021
- Ishkar did a terrific job in providing a truly authentic, safe, and compelling experience in Socotra, a place that is not easy to visit. All the guides were welcoming, helpful, motivated and engaging. They put a lot of effort into creating a unique and memorable itinerary that focused on chasing the best light for photography and showcasing the best Socotra has to offer. We were able to see beautiful landscapes, learn about the diverse and endemic flora, as well as meet wonderful local people and see how they live. It was great to spend time with a group that was so passionate about photography while appreciating and respecting local cultural values, norms and beliefs. I would highly recommend anyone to do this trip!! Definitely, one that I will not forget for many years to come. Thank you Ishkar and the entire crew for making it possible!- Eva Ho - ISHKAR “Soqotra x Simon Norfolk” Traveler 2021, ISHKAR traveler 2021
- Can't tell friends enough about our journey with ISHKAR in Afghanistan. I particularly enjoyed the small group vibe, the variety of activities and the warmth and hospitality of the leaders. If you are thinking about it, don't. Just go.- Annette Widtz, ISHKAR traveller 2019
- Seeing ISHKAR’s philosophy and values up close and in person made me love this company. Electra was a living example of ethical travel. Every experience was genuine and I was comfortable knowing we weren’t exploiting any of the people we interacted with, we weren’t gawking at culture, we were able to actively experience it.- Molly Back, ISHKAR traveler 2021 Hunza x Matthieu Paley, ISHKAR traveler 2021
- It was an absolute joy travelling with ISHKAR - immersive, authentic and fun.- Annabel Illingworth, ISHKAR traveller 2020
- The trip wasn't just about my view of the place, but all the experiences that I went through together with the group. It was an eye-opening and enriching journey.- Andi Iskandar, ISHKAR traveller 2019
- Afghanistan is so much more than violence and war and you really feel that when you spend some time in Bamiyan.- Ellen Speissens, ISHKAR traveler 2019
- Our trip to Afghanistan with ISHKAR and Andrew Quilty was an amazing adventure. Travelling was only topped by having a master photographer beside us, teaching us how to capture the experience even more vividly!- Glen Wilde, ISHKAR traveller 2019
- The trip provided an opportunity to experience the other aspects of the country - pursuit of peace, fantastic landscape and kindness of people.- Chenhu Lui, ISHKAR traveller 2019