- ISHKAR Explore Ltd: a company registered in the UK, with the registered address 8 Love Walk, London SE5 8AD and company registration number 12049610; and
- ISHKAR Ltd.: a company registered in the UK, with the registered address 8 Love Walk, London, SE5 8AD and company registration number 10171458.
We need to collect, use and disclose information in order to provide our range of business services, inclusive of taking and managing travel bookings and selling the items in our online store. We are committed to the protection of personal information, maintaining organisational and technical procedures to safeguard the privacy and confidentiality of all information provided to us.
This privacy notice applies if using our website or signing up to take part in any of our ISHKAR Explore tours. The privacy notice sets out the basis on which any personal data about you that you provide to us, that we create, or that we obtain about you from other sources, will be processed by us. Please take the time to read and understand this privacy notice.
For the purposes of data protection law the data controller (and therefore the entity responsible for ensuring that your personal data is used in compliance with data protection law) in respect of your personal data will be ISHKAR Ltd. unless the personal data is processed in relation to an ISHKAR Explore tour, in which case the data controller will be ISHKAR Explore Ltd.
What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
● Information that you provide to us or one of our affiliates including:
- Personal information (name, email address, phone number, address, passport details and nationality, gender, emergency contact details, payment details & voluntary feedback);
- Special category data we require to facilitate any of our tours and for your safety (e.g. fitness routine/level, dietary requirements or physical health requirements); and
- Market research, e.g. information and opinions expressed when participating in market research;
● Information we collect or generate about you. This includes:
- marketing and sales information, e.g. details of the services you receive and your preferences;
- order history and location;
- information about your device or the software you use, e.g. its IP address, technical specification and uniquely identifying data; and
- Place an order for any of our products or services.
- Make an enquiry about one of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards, feedback forms or via email.
- Register to attend one of our events.
- Sign up to our mailing list.
- Register online, complete an application/ booking form or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards, feedback forms or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Contact us directly via email or telephone.
How will we use your data?
We’ll only use your information where we have your consent or we have another lawful reason for using it. These reasons include where we:
- need to pursue our legitimate interests;
- need to process the information to enter into or carry out an agreement we have with you;
- need to process the information to comply with a legal obligation;
- believe the use of your information as described is in the public interest, e.g. for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime;
- need to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; or
- need to use your information for insurance purposes.
We collect your data so that we can:
- deliver our products and services;
- process your order and arrange delivery of your purchase to the stated address;
- contact you in case of an issue with your order or process a return;
- contact you regarding your attendance at one of our events, both online and in person;
- advise / assist on our services;
process your ISHKAR Explore tour application and also for purposes whilst you are on the tour, in particular:
- for use in visa application processes & travel arrangements (permits, transfers, accommodation etc);
- make contact with your Next of Kin/ Emergency Contact in the event of an emergency whilst on the tour;
- complete medical screenings to inform our detailed risk assessments; and
- prepare documents to assist the relevant as part of our risk mitigation strategy;
- involve you in market research to gauge customer satisfaction and feedback;
- market our products and services to you;
- identify cases of fraud or error; and
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. health and safety).
Marketing & Promotional material
We may occasionally use your personal information to send you targeted marketing and promotional activities to promote products and services that we believe may be of interest to you but we would require you to opt-in to receive this information. These marketing activities could include, but are not limited to:
- Electronic marketing (including, e-newsletters, email, SMS, MMS and iM)
- Direct marketing (leaflets, brochures and letters)
- Telephone calls
If you wish to no longer receive any marketing/promotional material from us by electronic marketing you can request to not receive this information at any time, by following the unsubscribe prompts. To opt-out of market research and other forms of communication, please get in contact with us directly (as per contact section below). You may also choose to not tick the relevant boxes on your application form.
We will never sell or share your personal information or data to other companies for marketing purposes. If you participate in partnership marketing activities with us and another company, you will be provided with the choice of receiving news from all companies involved.
We reserve the right to use any images taken on a tour or other promotional occasion by our employees, or forwarded by any persons on the tour or connected to the tour. These images may be used in our brochures, on our websites, in our social network marketing activities or for use in any other relevant promotional material. If you do not wish to appear in any of the aforementioned marketing materials, please let us know in writing.
We may disclose your personal data to our affiliate companies.
We will take steps to ensure that the personal data is accessed only by employees of such affiliates that have a need to do so for the purposes described in this notice.
We may also share your personal data outside of ISHKAR Ltd, ISHKAR Explore Ltd. and our affiliates including:
- airlines that may require information including your name and identification/ passport information in order to book flights;
- partner tour guide companies that may require information including your name and identification/ passport in order to generate visa sponsor/ invitation letters to aid your visa application;
- hotels that may require information including your name and identification / passport in order to book accommodation;
- any companies we use to provide services in respect of an ISHKAR Explore tour you are travelling on (including, but not limited to, any tour leads, photographers or artists);
- if we sell any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer for due diligence purposes;
- if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you will be disclosed to the third party buyer;
- to third party agents or contractors (for example, the providers of our electronic data storage services) for the purposes of providing services to us. These third parties will be subject to confidentiality requirements and they will only use your personal data as described in this privacy notice; and
- to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Transfers of personal data outside the European Economic Area
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for our affiliates or for one of our suppliers.
Where we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected in a manner that is consistent with how your personal data will be protected by us in the EEA. This can be done in a number of ways, for instance:
- the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission; or
- the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your personal data.
In other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your personal data outside the EEA. In all cases, however, we will ensure that any transfer of your personal data is compliant with data protection law.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal data when it is transferred outside the EEA (including a copy of the standard data protection clauses which we have entered into with recipients of your personal data) by contacting us in accordance with the “How to Contact us” section below.
How do we store your data and for how long?
We securely store your data in a number of digital locations, to which access is restricted to authorised members of ISHKAR staff alone.
How long we hold your personal data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria including:
- the purpose for which we are using it – we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal data.
Should paper copies be required by us for the purposes of an ISHKAR Explore tour, these will be destroyed immediately on the end of said tour.
What are your data protection rights?
ISHKAR Explore would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information that you believe is inaccurate. or that we complete or correct information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions (please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal data, but we are legally entitled to retain it).
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions (there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to continue processing your personal data and / or to refuse that request).
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, under certain conditions (there may be circumstances where you object to our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to continue processing your personal data and / or to refuse that request).
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that ISHKAR Explore transfers any data that we have collected, to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator (details of which are provided below) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as per below contact section.
You can find out more information about your rights by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office, or by searching their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us:
Email us at:
UK +44 7946268180
FR +33 612101284
Write to us:
ISHKAR C/O Goldfinger Factory
13-15 Golborne Road,