Hand-quilted, linen throw, made by Souher Kaalaji and Imade Zeynabe in Zena Sabbagh’s Beirut atelier.
Free UK shipping on orders over £200
Free shipping to Europe on orders over £250/€290
Hand wash with mild soap.
The quilt measures 160cm x 160cm and is 7mm thick
As the quilts are still in production please choose from the fabric swatches available, click right on the main product image to see the fabrics, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more images & information.
- Black & White
- Blue & Walnut (with a denim blue trim)
- Pink & Dark Teal
We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail. Orders will be dispatched in 2-3 working days.
* For addresses in the UK, tracked postage takes 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For Europe estimated delivery is 3-5 business days, and for the rest of the world 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £200
European orders over £250
• We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at email@example.com to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when it's back. Once you have preordered an item the order should be shipped to you within three months. Often the order will arrive well within this three month period. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
Originally from Aleppo, Zena was forced to flee Syria in 2012 and re-settle in Lebanon. Fascinated by craft from a young age she sought inspiration in the antique printing stamps she found in the souks of Aleppo as a child. This passion led her to set up her atelier in Beirut where she now works with other displaced women to create unique textiles. Check out our short video of Zena's workshop by Louise Gholam.
Each quilt is hand-crafted in Zena's atelier, which has become a home for female artisans fleeing conflict in Iraq, Palestine and Syria, as well as Lebanese women. As Lebanon spirals deeper into economic crisis and despair, these artisans are increasingly vulnerable. Your purchase not only provides employment but also, as they describe, a "remedy" for coping with the trauma of the recent blast.
Each quilt is hand-stitched using locally woven linens, cotton inner wadding and thread. The applique technique is inspired by the quilts Zena created with a group of Bedouin women in Salamiyah, Syria.
The quilt is inspired by the geometric details that decorate Beirut's buildings. We designed the quilt last year before the explosion on 04.08.20 that destroyed some of the city's most important and historical architectural landmarks, as well as museums, galleries, residences and residencies. The design now feels tragically relevant.