This set of eight coasters, double as a stunning table centre when not in use. Each piece is handcrafted from marble and semi-precious stones using the ancient art of pietra dura.
Free shipping to Europe on orders over £250/€290
We will aim to dispatch orders within 2-3 working days of purchase date but please be aware that we are a small team and delays can occur. We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail.
* For addresses in the UK, estimate shipping time is 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For all addresses outside the UK, estimate shipping time is 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on EU/international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £200
European orders over £250
*Extended returns policy - Orders made from December the 1st can be returned until January the 5th.*
We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• Photography prints are printed to order and are therefore not refundable.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when it's back. Once you have preordered an item the order should be shipped to you within three months. Often the order will arrive well within this three month period. Contact email@example.com for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
Before the British drew the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan with the Durand Line in 1896, the region shared many linguistic, social and cultural connections. Despite the border much of this shared heritage remains today. Our collection symbolises these enduring connections through the shared geography which straddles either side of the border.
The coasters are carefully handcra ed using the traditional technique of stone inlay, Pietra dura (or parchinkari in Pashtun). Grooves are carefully chiselled out of the marble base before being filled with precisely handcut pieces of lapis lazuli, serpentine and ammonzonite.
Meet the artisan
For the past two decades Zargey, an Afghan refugee, has lived in Pakistan’s city of Peshawar. Zargey began his apprenticeship in stone inlay six years ago, and is now a master artisan for Studio Lél. He is one of the many artisans Studio Lél has supported in their inspiring effort to preserve, reinterpret and evolve the ancient art of pietra dura in Pakistan.