Delicate threads of camel hair, less than a millimetre thick, are woven together by hand and edged with a subtle strip of gold embroidery.
Free UK shipping on orders over £150
Free shipping to Europe on orders over €180
Free Shipping to US & Rest of world over $240
Wash carefully by hand using cold water.
We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail.
* For addresses in the UK, tracked postage takes 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For Europe estimated delivery is 3-5 business days, and for the rest of the world 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £150
European orders over €180
Rest of the world orders over $240
• We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when its back. Once you have preordered an item we guarantee the order to be shipped to you within four months. If the item is delivered outside this window we will provide you with your money back. Often the order will arrive well within this four month period. Contact email@example.com for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
Nour fled to Sweida, in southern Syria with her family after her their house was destroyed in Homs. Shortly after, Nour found work with Sabbara, discovering she had a talent for doing fine embroidery. Nour has a BA in geography, and dreams of one day opening a private institute to give lessons to children from other displaced families.
Location : Sweida, Syria
Artisan : Nour
Camel Hair is one of the world’s most luxurious natural fibres. Despite the shawls being barely two millimetres thick, they possess remarkable thermostatic properties. Over millennia camel hair has evolved to guard against the extreme cold in the desert at night and fierce heat during the day. Because of the exceptional length of it's fibres, it is also said to last a life time, becoming softer the more it is worn.
70% of the sale goes to Sabbara. Sabbara was established inside Syria in 2012 in response to the escalating war and it’s devastating consequences for families all over the country. Its aim is to train women in traditional skills, create a sustainable infrastructure for production, and develop an international market for the work that may provide a hopeful future for all.