Delicate threads of camel hair, less than a millimetre thick, are woven together by hand and edged with a subtle strip of gold embroidery.
Free UK shipping on orders over £200
Free shipping to Europe on orders over £250/€290
Wash carefully by hand using cold water.
We will aim to dispatch orders within 2-3 working days of purchase date but please be aware that we are a small team and delays can occur. We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail.
* For addresses in the UK, estimate shipping time is 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For all addresses outside the UK, estimate shipping time is 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on EU/international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £200
European orders over £250
*Extended returns policy - Orders made from December the 1st can be returned until January the 5th.*
We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• Photography prints are printed to order and are therefore not refundable.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at email@example.com to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when it's back. Once you have preordered an item the order should be shipped to you within three months. Often the order will arrive well within this three month period. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
Nour fled to Sweida, in southern Syria with her family after her their house was destroyed in Homs. Shortly after, Nour found work with Sabbara, discovering she had a talent for doing fine embroidery. Nour has a BA in geography, and dreams of one day opening a private institute to give lessons to children from other displaced families.
Location : Sweida, Syria
Artisan : Nour
Camel Hair is one of the world’s most luxurious natural fibres. Despite the shawls being barely two millimetres thick, they possess remarkable thermostatic properties. Over millennia camel hair has evolved to guard against the extreme cold in the desert at night and fierce heat during the day. Because of the exceptional length of it's fibres, it is also said to last a life time, becoming softer the more it is worn.
70% of the sale goes to Sabbara. Sabbara was established inside Syria in 2012 in response to the escalating war and it’s devastating consequences for families all over the country. Its aim is to train women in traditional skills, create a sustainable infrastructure for production, and develop an international market for the work that may provide a hopeful future for all.