Soft 100% wool beanie, with rolled edge detail.
Free UK shipping on orders over £150
Free shipping to Europe on orders over €180
Free Shipping to US & Rest of world over $240
We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail.
* For addresses in the UK, tracked postage takes 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For Europe estimated delivery is 3-5 business days, and for the rest of the world 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £150
European orders over €180
Rest of the world orders over $240
• We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when its back. Once you have preordered an item we guarantee the order to be shipped to you within four months. If the item is delivered outside this window we will provide you with your money back. Often the order will arrive well within this four month period. Contact email@example.com for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
This beanie was knitted by Enas, who lives in Istanbul. Before she left Syria's north eastern city of Deir ez-Zor in late 2014, Enas was a government employee. She supports her family by knitting and crocheting for Knitstanbul, and can turn her knitting needles and crochet hook to anything, from jewellery to Remembrance Day poppies.
Location : Istanbul
Artisan : Enas
Knitstanbul is a social enterprise founded in Istanbul in early 2015, by journalist Malika Browne. Malika discovered Syrian knitting while living in Damascus. Inspired by their work, Malika reached out to the growing number of Syrian refugees coming to Turkey. Knitting is a portable and stress-relieving occupation which allows women to work and earn money while surrounded by their children. Most of the proceeds from Knitstanbul go directly to the knitters. Over the last four years, it has supported over 40 Syrian women in Istanbul and, increasingly, in Europe.
The small maker’s mark found on each beanie is inspired by the carved wooden stamps used by Syrian bakers to mark their bread.