These joyful multi-layered cotton face masks are reusable and come with a filter pocket. They are handcrafted by artisans in Mogadishu, Somalia.
Each mask is embroidered with the text ‘It’s what’s on the inside that counts’ and comes with its own handmade drawstring storage pouch.
Please note that colour and pattern may vary slightly.
Minimum order 50 masks
Once we have received your pre-order we will email you to confirm and process your order and provide you with a shipping quote and delivery timeframe.
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com.
These face masks are designed to help combat the spread of COVID 19 but they are not intended for clinical use. Wash before and between uses.
Tumble dry at a low temperature
We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail. Orders will be dispatched in 2-3 working days.
* For addresses in the UK, tracked postage takes 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For Europe estimated delivery is 3-5 business days, and for the rest of the world 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £200
European orders over £250
• We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when it's back. Once you have preordered an item the order should be shipped to you within three months. Often the order will arrive well within this three month period. Contact email@example.com for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
With its striking decorative patterns and hard wearing quality, Somalia’s traditional Alindi fabric was once a prized commodity across North Eastern Africa. The future of this unique craft is now at risk. Cheap, factory-made, textiles have flooded the local market, putting traditional weavers out of jobs. There are now only a couple of weavers left in Mogadishu that produce Alindi fabrics.
Every meter bought from these people counts. It's an encouragement to keep the tradition and the weavers alive!
Benadiri brothers is a small non-profit group from Hamar district. Unlike most Somalis who are nomadic, the Benadir people have a long history as urbanized merchants and artisans. Since the COVID-19 outbreak, they have been producing facemasks on a small scale. The work involves the founder and 3 women tailors. As the project develops we hope to employ more artisans.
PEACE MASK PROJECT
The Peace Masks Project aims to combat the shared threat of COVID-19 and provide livelihoods to those living and working in conflict affected areas. The project forms part of a larger effort by the Peace Dividend Initiative to help ease tensions in conflict-affected areas by identifying and facilitating key peace-supporting economic opportunities and encouraging cooperation.
Peace Masks not only provide livelihoods for communities affected by conflict and violence, but weave peace into the fabric of these fragile communities by connecting them in a productive process that boosts co-existence and reconciliation and helps soothe grievances.
For this project, PDI has partnered with ISHKAR, who sell to an international market, building “peace value chains” and delivering livelihoods to at risk populations.