Our classic oval bangle with Mother of Pearl detail. An everyday essential to pair with any outfit.
Handcrafted in Amman, Jordan from sterling silver and gold plated sterling silver.
Free UK shipping on orders over £200
Free shipping to Europe on orders over £250/€290
Try to avoid contact with water. Remove while swimming, bathing or showering.
We will aim to dispatch orders within 2-3 working days of purchase date but please be aware that we are a small team and delays can occur. We offer a single flat rate shipping option: tracked shipping with Royal Mail.
* For addresses in the UK, estimate shipping time is 2-3 business days.
* International shipping is available to all destinations. For all addresses outside the UK, estimate shipping time is 5-12 business days.
* ISHKAR is not responsible for customs duties or taxes on EU/international shipments, nor is it responsible for delays associated with the import process.
We offer free shipping for:
UK orders over £200
European orders over £250
*Extended returns policy - Orders made from December the 1st can be returned until January the 5th.*
We will be happy to offer a full refund (excluding shipping) on items returned within 14 days of receipt of delivery.
• Returned items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged products purchased directly from ISHKAR.com.
• Proof of purchase is required.
• Photography prints are printed to order and are therefore not refundable.
• For defective, damaged or incorrect items, please notify us within five days of delivery in order to receive a refund/exchange.
• Email us at email@example.com to organise the return.
If an item is out of stock you are able to preorder the item, so that you're first in line when it's back. Once you have preordered an item the order should be shipped to you within three months. Often the order will arrive well within this three month period. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more accurate information on when orders for this product are likely to be ready.
Moataz and Ossama specialise in mother of pearl inlay and have spent the last 20 years mastering their craft. In 2011 after moving from Syria, they set up a workshop together in Amman in order to continue their work.
Moataz and Ossama feel that they are the last generation of artisans in the region to practise this art and are motivated to train a young generation of practitioners.
Mother of Pearl
Traditional Mother of Pearl inlay can be found in the Islamic world as far back as the 9th century. Many artisans specialize in a single step in the inlay process, meaning that one inlaid piece can involve multiple people. In Jordan, many of those who practice this craft are originally from Damascus.
The crafts skills of the Levant have been endangered by regional instability. Turquoise Mountain aims to train a new generation of Syrian and Jordanian artisans, creating a new generation of craftsmen equipped to maintain these important cultural traditions.